Saturday, March 21, 2015

I ain't no boy

Hellboy is one of the first generation (I think that's right) of comic book movies that came out between the late 90s and early 2000s. I think it was really Blade that was the first big comic movie. Not counting Superman or Batman of course. In this case, Hellboy (the topic of this post) came out in 2004, and was Guillermo del Toro's first major production, unless you count Blade II. Where was I?

Nazis, demons, and random gadgets what more do you want in a popcorn flick? Plus, bonus! Niles Crane plays the underwater dude, movie name "Abe Sapien." Yes I know it is David Hyde Pierce. And let us not forget Selma Blair as, yep, a brooding character. Ron Perlman might have actually been born to be Hellboy. I mean without the makeup he kind of looks like Hellboy. Oh, by the way, Ron Perlman was in Blade II. True story.

This is a good action/sci-fi movie. The story is adequate. The acting is sufficient.

6/10, but a really strong 6. I don't know why I don't just adopt a rating system that incorporates half points...

No comments:

Post a Comment